Here's a tidbit I've been meaning to post; Cool things I've done many only dream about...
Not to create envy in others, but just to share. Batty said to Deckard:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe; Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time...
Like tears in rain.
Time to die."
Although only 4 years old, Batty had quite a list. I too have a few of my own:
- Saw a Meteor shower up close in the mountains of Colorado.
- White-water rafting in the rivers of the Colorado mountains.
- Camping in Colorado mountains age 17.
- River drifting on an inner tube in mountains of Colorado.
- Camping out and dirt "skreeing" down the scree of the mountains of Colorado.
(scree = Loose rock debris covering a slope, or a slope of loose rock debris at the base of a steep incline or cliff. Also called talus.)
- In Switzerland I learned to ski, age 7
- Visited the Matterhorn mountain as a kid.
- Rode the train thru Rome, age 7.
- Drove a Volkswagen bug age 9 (yes, shifting gears and all!).
- Exposed to New York street fights age 14.
- First Auditing St. Hill age 10.
- Ski trip to Belgium age 11.
- Was the fastest runner in the county, age 12.
- Won an award for best poem in the region, age 12.
- Performed drums for and audience of 10,000, age 18.
- Owned a 1968 Plymouth RoadRunner muscle car, drove over 105mph, and did hi-rev smoking tire donuts in the supermarket parking lot.
- Seen the universe from another dimension.
- Found a missing girl only by sense of intuition.
- Saved the lives of several people from oncoming traffic.
- Flew Cessna small airplanes all over southern California and Florida.
- Have over 100 hours in my Pilot Logbook.
- Traveled most of my life, including Italy, England, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Spain, New York, California, Arizona, Chicago, Oregon, Nevada,
- Utah, Colorado, Boston, and more.
- Roller blading over 10 miles downhill in traffic - about 35-40mph.
- Donations of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours to charities and churches.